Westie-Proof Your Home
Contributed By: Sandra J. Crawford
W.H.W.T.C.A. Health Committee
- Secure electrical cords to baseboards or make them inaccessible.
- Keep seasonal and holiday decorations out of your Westie's reach.
- Never burn candles where they are accessible to your Westie.
- Keep medications, cosmetics and cleaning supplies stored securely away from your Westie.
- Keep the toilet lid down.
- Keep cellar doors and upper story windows closed.
- Keep trash, garbage cans and bins behind closed doors.
- Use pesticides, insecticides and other household, yard and garden chemicals with caution.
- Prevent poisoning by keeping your Westie away from toxic plants.
- Be certain that anti-freeze is out of reach and any automotive drippings are cleaned up completely.
Any information contained on this site relating to training and behavior of Westies is for informational purposes only. The WHWTCA recommends that Westies undergo obedience training. For assistance in locating an obedience training club in your area, please consult the American Kennel Club's website at www.akc.org/events/obedience/getting-started/