Behavior & Training
Any information contained on this site relating to training and behavior of Westies is for informational purposes only. The WHWTCA recommends that Westies undergo obedience training. For assistance in locating an obedience training club in your area, please consult the American Kennel Club's website at www.akc.org/events/obedience/getting-started/
- Aggressive or Not...Behavior Problem or Not!!!
- Alpha...All Dogs Need A Pack Leader
- Bites, Nips, Bite Inhibition & Puppy Mouths
- Bringing Home a New Puppy or Dog
- Come, Rover, Come!!
- Crate Training
- Dog/People Communication...The Universal Language
- House Training
- House Training Your Adult Dog
- Introducing a New Dog to Your Existing Dog
- Little Boys (and sometimes girls) Who Lift Their Legs Indoors
- Obedience Training for Pet Pups/Dogs?
- Philosophy for General Obedience & Behavior Traning
- Preparing Westie for Baby (and Preparing you for Westie and Baby Together)
- Shake Can
- Submissive Urination
- To Leash or Not to Leash?
- Understanding Your "Adopted" Dog...A Dog With A Past
Westie Pet Tips
- Westies on the Move Travelling with your Westie
- Traveling With Westies
- Rub-A-Dub-Dub Your Westie in the Tub: Pet Coat Grooming and Bathing
- Acquiring a Westie
- Training Your Westie
- Westie-Proof Your Home
- Westies Home Alone
- Toys Are Fun For Westies
- Finding Lost Westies
- Spaying and Neutering Westies
- Grooming Your Westie
- Dogs Benefit People